Skip to content
corporation tax

Corporation Tax Accountants

Every limited company operating or based in the UK will be subject to corporation tax on any profits. Even those not based in the UK may also be liable for some taxation.

First of all, you need to make sure you are registered with HMRC using the official documentation so that it is established that you are due to pay corporation tax. Once registered, you are responsible for calculating how much profit your company has made during each accounting period and determining how much corporation tax must be paid on these profits. The information must be reported to HMRC on a corporation tax return form, and all calculations must be submitted supporting this information.

If you cannot return this form on time or make errors in your calculations, you may be liable to face substantial penalties and interest on any late payments. In general, deadlines are determined by your company’s annual accounting date.

Of course, this can be a bit of a headache, especially when you are busy taking care of business or dealing with all sorts of other financial issues that businesses must deal with. Which is why using our corporation tax accountants here at Swan Saunders might be so beneficial. We use specialist accounting software and our comprehensive knowledge of company tax to ensure that all tax allowances available are deducted before calculating your corporation tax. We will help you to send accurate and timely returns so that you avoid penalties and are fully compliant with tax law in the UK.

If you would like to know more about your corporation tax responsibilities and for help filing your returns, get in touch with a member of our team.